For 14 years, non-governmental organisation “Shelter “Safe House”” has been continuously providing support to persons who have been exploited in various situations of human trafficking. The aim of the society’s specialists is to mitigate the consequences of human trafficking and to help victims of human trafficking in full respect of their human rights. The organisation ensures the right of every person to adequate assistance and protection and promotes the rehabilitation and social inclusion of victims of human trafficking. Over the years, we have provided support to more than 150 victims of human trafficking.
If you are a victim of human trafficking, call us: +371 28612120 (24/7 hotline)
We provide our customers with the following:
- a course of social rehabilitation services (up to 180 days), during which customers receive individual counselling from a lawyer, social worker, psychologist (and other specialists if necessary);
- transportation free of charge to the place where the service is provided;
- safe shelter;
- assistance in drawing up legal documents during the course of social rehabilitation services, as well as, if necessary, representation of the person in court;
- basic necessities (e.g. food, medicine, clothing, shoes or money to buy them), if needed;
- the opportunity to participate in training and educational programmes;
- and other services required in the particular situation.
After the completion of the social rehabilitation service course, we provide support in connection with criminal proceedings – psychosocial assistance (individual counselling by a lawyer, social worker, psychologist); interpreter services; assistance in drawing up legal documents; representation in court, if necessary; we offer five one-hour consultations with the chosen specialist within two years after the completion of the social rehabilitation service course.
There are times in life when you need support and help from someone else.
Our experts can give you that help!
Organization "Shelter "Safe House""
Lāčplēša Street 75 - 1B, Riga
Phone: (+371) 67898343 (during working hours)
Phone: (+371) 28612120 (24-hour phone) (LMT)
Assistance is provided throughout the territory of Latvia, regardless of your place of residence.
Inform the representative of the state (municipal) institution about your wish to contact us or do it independently!